Sunday, January 25, 2009

STAR GAZING IN DON BOSCO ICSE SCHOOL, CHITRADURGA

Don Bosco ICSE School, Chitradurga organized "Star Gazing" on 24th January, 2009. Students of Classes V to IX had come to observe the planets and the stars through a telescope. I was fortunate to be there for the show. The expert began the programme at 6 pm with the introductory talk through slides. He explained about the history of the universe, stars, pleanets, galaxy, etc through slides. The students asked many questions to him. Then all were taken to the field to observe and study the stars and planets. He explained about constellations too!! The children enjoyed the programme. They spent the whole the night in the school itself. I showed them few videos during the programme. It was very enriching programme for me. I hope I can organise similar programme in Infant Jesus School too.























































No comments: