Thursday, May 18, 2017

A tribute to the Brothers of St Josephs Bajpe by Sency Divya Rashmi D´Souza



A tribute

St. Joseph’s Pre University 
College, Bajpe reminds me of the best time of my student life. Well, I consider my primary schooling years to be the most interesting as they were close to nature and self-learnt academics. 

St. Joseph’s was then run by the Christian Brothers, who were devoted to teaching, and who paid a lot of attention to integral formation and education that responded to all aspects of their students’ lives.  They tried to give maximum exposure to all spheres of life with lots of dedication.  We were taught by Br. Conrad, Br. Sabino, Br. Joachim, Br. Avinash, Br. Charles, Br. Samuel and Br. Hector, along with the other teaching staff. They helped us realize our aims and accomplish our objectives. Yes, they enriched our lives with their extensive preparation for life.

Well, today, I would like to make a special mention of Br. Conrad, then Principal of the college.  I am greatly influenced by him, and his ways of speaking English, his accent, his intonation etc. His gift of language was enjoyed by many students, especially during the assemblies.  His pronunciation of “Bondel” and “Sunkadakatte” was worth listening and repeating and we wished we had many more such assemblies where we could hear him speak.

It was in the 10th that I came across Br. Conrad for the first time. That was his first history class for us. How can I forget him as he has left in me indelible memories?! He made his classes so interesting that until today, I remember those classes and I’m sure many of my batch mates agree with me too. There is no doubt, he certainly prepared us to face the future.

Now that I´m a mother I can transmit the knowledge I acquired through him to my children.  His idea of taking us on a hike from Bajpe to Panamboor, then by bus to Mangalore to watch a movie and finally, return home in the evening by bus, was something unique.  He made us think different, and he definitely made a difference in my life. Long live Br. Conrad!!!

A million thanks for your generous service to Bajpe Community and the surrounding people.  May God bless you all abundantly, those brothers who are on the other side may enjoy their eternal home.

Gratefully yours,
Sency Divya Rashmi D´Souza

Year of Passing 12th : 1992
202 Shubham Apts,
Chulna Road,
Vasai Road West,
Maharashtra 401202

Profession : Homemaker

No comments: