Friday, May 5, 2017

GOOD BYE, BROTHERS - Spoorthy K. Shetty, X A


“Life is like a butterfly  -  you have to undergo many changes in order to become something very beautiful”.

First of all, I would like to thank the authorities who gave me this opportunity to share my feelings as we bid farewell to our Brothers.
I joined the school only two years back, so I think I would not know much about them. But the memories I will cherish all my life. It seems like yesterday that I met them, and the time of their departure has come already. Br. Hector who became the principal in 1995 is not only a coach or a teacher to me, but more than that, I would like to consider him as my best friend. I will never forget your scoldings, your passion towards football, your energy, your enthusiasm , everything. Things which you might think are odd, are the things that make you special within yourself. All such memories are valuable for me and will be in my heart forever. I would like to apologise for all  my mistakes and I am sorry for not reaching your expectations. You are the person whom I can consider as a role model.

                Br. John who takes life-skill for us, joined the institution in the year 2013. He is very fond of gardening.  I will never forget the cucumber you to give us during football practice. Your life skill classes are very inspiring and they give a beautiful message.

                Next comes, Br Len!  By looking at his face, I would get very much inspired.  Never knew why but it was true.  His innocent face, dashing attitude, the way he plays the piano, his amazing mathematics concepts and above all his favourite dialogue - ‘pens down, watch the board’. He joined the institution in 2014.  I feel very sad because I did not get much time to spend with him. I would like to thank you for everything you gave to us, your knowledge, your ideas, your music – everything. You taught us that “a pat on the back, is always better than a slap on the wrist.’

                Last but not the least, my favourite Br Shawn.  I would only remember you in my life because of one reason and that is ‘you taught me to be yourself’. The way you dressed and carried yourself was never about others, but always about how you felt. You have shown me this over and over again. Your value education classes , biology classes, such big notes, diagrams -  everything will be remembered by me. You joined this institution in 2015. We have known each other only for 2 years. But the bonding and relationship you have created with us is unforgettable. I will never know what  you think about me. But your image will be fixed in my heart forever. I will try to follow your advice as best I can.

These words are very little to express my feelings which are very deep. Wherever your future leads, I will be watching and cheering for you. If possible, remember me in your prayers and keep in touch not only with me but all of us. Thank you for all that you have taught us. If I can inspire others half as much as you people have inspired me , I know I would definitely be a success in life. Shower your blessings on us ;  and congratulations on the new life you are going to .

“Life doesn’t get better by a chance :   it gets better by a change”.  So, good bye, Brothers, and good luck.

SPOORTHY K SHETTY

X A

No comments: