Sunday, May 7, 2017

WITH LOVE AND REGARDS AND SEEKING YOUR BLESSINGS, NOW AND FOREVER.... Dr Nisha Prakash

WITH LOVE AND REGARDS AND SEEKING YOUR BLESSINGS, NOW AND FOREVER....


Hi all
I’m Nisha,
I have been a part of the Joseph’s family, back in 2002-2003,when I studied 8th grade there...
Looking back in time now, fond memories flash across my mind. Remembering those days of my early life fills me with joy and pride alike. Coming to a new town just two years ago, due to my father’s transferrable job, I hardly knew anyone on campus initially. But soon enough, many friends for company, peers to interact with and brilliant guidance from dedicated teachers became a part of life.
Studies went on track with the wonderful academic acumen of our teachers. English classes were mind-stimulating under Br. Rony (Br. Ronald Vaz). We could nearly imagine all the scenes of Merchant of  Venice, words of Shakespeare’s poems, Keats’ daffodils (If I remember correctly)...... the list goes on... it’s still etched in my memory. Maths was challenging, yet thoroughly enriching under Alwyn sir; he helped us navigate through all the mazes of algebra, arithmetic and what not !!! sigh!! Haha...!!! George sir made arts classes look exactly like TAARE ZAMEEN PAR movie scenes!! Yahoo!! We loved his classes. He was extremely kind, thoughtful and good to us. All other subject teachers too were equally helpful and thoughtful.
Our moral compass was drawn under our Principal, Br Hector ( moral science classes used to be taken by him). I remember him telling his experiences about variety of topics ranging frome service-mindedness, religion, charity, discipline in life, God experience, determination in life etc etc etc, so on and so forth.....!!! I personally used to look forward to listen to narrations of his experiences. What a joy it used to be...!! BROTHERS’ HOUSE was like a revered temple of sorts for me...!! The people there were the most friendly, charitable, kind, meticulous, determined, chilled-out, yet strong-willed people I’d ever come across. Those interactions have shaped me into who I am now. Eternally grateful to all....!!!
Sports received a tremendous backing; be it Volleyball, Badminton, Athletics etc etc and more!! I myself was part of the school badminton team. Our school had the best national and state level players. Br Hector took personal interest in promoting all the sports on campus.
We were always patiently mentored by the ever-supportive staff led by our beloved principal, Br Hector Pinto. He did everything he could to help all the students shine. Despite the hectic schedules, nasty challenges, ever-bounding bureaucratic obstacles, no one has ever seen him whine. He was and continues to be so passionate about teaching and selfless in his approach towards uplifting students under his care.
Never have I felt anything lacking in my one year at St. Joseph’s . I may not have been able to keep in touch with all the staff at St. Joseph’s but they are all  in my heart and will be forever.

With love and regards and seeking your blessings, now and forever...
Yours lovingly,
Dr Nisha Prakash

Name:- Dr Nisha Prakash
Year studied:- 2002-2003( 8th grade)
Present address:- R T Nagar, Bengaluru


Occupation:- Doctor

No comments: