Thursday, May 4, 2017

MESSAGES FROM STAFF AND STUDENTS OF SEYMOUR COLLEGE, AUSTRALIA



MESSAGES FROM STAFF AND STUDENTS OF SEYMOUR  COLLEGE, AUSTRALIA

I will always remember the students of Bajpe to be among the brightest, most inquisitive, and welcoming students I have met. Those students invited us into their classrooms and accepted us within their school community with such an energy for the short time we were visiting. The friendship I felt from the children of Bajpe reflects not only on them, but on the spirit forged and sustained by the Christian Brothers. The kindness and hospitality the Brothers extended to us was modelled in the students and that heart will live on in the students beyond the Brothers’ presence. To be in a foreign country, far from Australia, and to experience a sense of belonging is something I will always be grateful for and the warmth I felt from the Brothers is something I hope to give in my own relationships with all people. Their gifts are of those that continue to give.
Lucy Duldig


The Brothers are a massive part of the Sarvodaya trip. They organised so many different activities for us and insured that everything we needed was there. The Brothers were so welcoming to us, they made us feel so at home. Without the Brothers our trip would not have been as successful!  
Amelia Davidson

As part of my 2015 Sarvodayan experience I had the privilege of staying with the Christian Brothers in Bajpe. Words cannot describe their hospitability and kindness while we were there. We were all treated like honoured guests! However, what especially inspired me about the Brothers was their complete dedication to improving the lives of marginalised children and how much they were adored by all the school children under their care. I was so fortunate to be able to experience their commitment to helping the community first-hand while staying with the Brothers and it was truly an amazing experience.
Dhanya Maheswaren

I have a great admiration for the warmth, energy and commitment of the Brothers at St Joseph's College. While I was at the school, I observed connections between the Brothers and their students that were defined by mutual respect and deep and genuine care. Their presence has touched the lives of many, mine included.
Elly Thompkins


Spending time with the Brothers in Bajpe over four years ago, is something I still think of often. Seeing the way they interact in their community and being part of all this was unforgettable. I will always remember the delicious meals we shared and countless moments of laughter. 
Georgia Sanders

All the Brothers who were involved in our Sarvodaya India journey left a lasting impact on myself and all the girls involved. I was and still am, inspired by their work and I’m forever grateful for their presence and commitment to us, during our time in India, especially in Bajpe. 
Annabel Fuller

The Brothers put so much hard work into guiding and improving the community. You can see the love the people have for them and the love that goes into everything they do. You can see the significance of their involvement in the communities especially in the way everyone values their presence. To me, they highlighted the importance of listening and engaging in any moment. The simplicity of being present to people and supporting them makes a huge difference to people's lives. 
Lucy Penna


The Bajpe Brothers were nothing but lovely and hospitable. They all went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and an enriching experience. I gained a lot of respect for them during my time in India. I continue to be amazed with their kindness and compassion.
Dharini Rajaramanan


The Brothers contributed to our stay in so many ways. They were so hospitable and caring. Without them our trip to India would not have run as smoothly as it did. I personally saw only a glimpse of the amazing work they are doing and I admire them so much for it.
Jess Horbelt

The Brothers at St Joseph's treated us like family. I felt loved, safe, valued and welcomed for the entire time in which we visited. Brother Hector is one of the most genuinely compassionate people I have met, and was like a Father to me, my fellow Seymour girls and the students at St Joseph's. Not only was he warm and accepting, he wasn't afraid to bring out some pretty good dad jokes! I loved my time with the Brothers at St Joseph's and know their presence will be missed greatly, but even more greatly valued at their next school where they will continue to inspire and love all children.

Elizabeth Johnson


When visiting Bajpe with Seymour College in 2015, I was made to feel very welcome by the Brothers. When we arrived in Bajpe, our group was warmly greeted by Brother Hector and a group of students from St Joseph's. We were fortunate enough to stay in the Brothers' house near St Joseph's College, where we would go during the day and interact with many students. The Brothers obviously have a big presence in this college. I enjoyed speaking with Brother Hector and Brother Theo, and they were very happy to answer all the questions I had about the college and their lifestyle there.'
Alison Taylor

Visiting the Brothers in Bajpe was a highlight of my school Sarvodaya service trip to India. The Brothers welcomed us with open arms and provided exceptional hospitality. They continually made a conscious effort to make sure we were welcomed for the duration of our stay. Most nights we sat around playing games, talking with one another and listening to Roshan play the guitar. One afternoon we watched the girls’ soccer team train with their coach Brother Hector. Brother Hector was instrumental in forming the girls’ soccer team. Their dedication to the students of St. Joseph’s P.U. College was evident throughout my stay. 
Eb Love

I was fortunate enough to receive the brothers’ hospitality when staying at St Joseph’s School in Bajpe as part of the 2013 Seymour College Sarvodaya trip. Here we were treated to endless helpfulness and friendliness (and many laughs) from the Brothers to ensure we felt incredibly welcome from the moment we first arrived to when we left for our next destination. I’ll never forget arriving to St Joseph’s School and each of us receiving a red rose as a welcome gift. It was a privilege to watch the Brothers’ passion for social justice first hand, which was so evident through their work with the students, particularly the ones from poorer backgrounds. Their care for each individual student was inspiring, and I was lucky to have the opportunity to learn from the Brothers’ insight and kindness towards others.
Emily Crawford
I have a great admiration for the warmth, energy and commitment of the Brothers at St Joseph's College. While I was at the school, I observed connections between the Brothers and their students that were defined by mutual respect and deep and genuine care. Their presence has touched the lives of many, mine included.
 Elly Thompkins 


Brother Hector made my experience at Saint Joseph's something I will never forget! His hospitality towards us and commitment to the school and every single student was amazing! Something that impressed me in particular was his work with the girls soccer team and the way he trains them so often and believes in them with everything he has. Brother hector inspired me in the time that I got to know him and I'm sure he inspired and won't be easily forgotten by all his students. The Brothers will be very missed.

Panayiota Tolis


 From my short time in Bajpe, I was most inspired by the incredible day- to- day work that all the Christian Brothers were doing there. Most memorable was hearing about how the Brothers had made attending school at St. Joseph's P.U. College more accessible to children in the local community who would otherwise be unable to gain a secondary education. This included providing school uniforms to those in need and developing a second football oval for girls to practice their skills. Seeing the Brother's work in Bajpe was something that inspired me so much that I continue to share these stories with others to this day.

Alex Longinidis

No comments: