Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Message from Br Placid

Message from Br Placid


My journey in the Brothers commenced the same year as the Christian Brothers moved into Bajpe in 1977, and my opting for the discernment process to join the Journeying Together venture coincided with the Brothers withdrawing from Bajpe, 40 years later, which I would consider significant events for me.
 I had the opportunity of following the Brothers’ ministry in Bajpe at various stages and in different roles. There were the teething problems as the brothers tried to settle into Bajpe. This happened for different reasons, such as requirement of the language, necessary brothers’ qualifications and so on. But eventually the difficulties were addressed, and the brothers took ownership and gave it their best. The Brothers eventually settled down to serve in an area of great need.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t one of the privileged ones to be posted in Bajpe. But over the years, I got plenty of opportunities to work closely with the school. I must confess it was a delight to see the impact the Brothers and staff had on the students and on the people in the surrounding areas. I hope the relationships that were built over the years will continue.
Our presence in Bajpe did get quite a number of young men joining the Christian Brothers over the years. I can recall that at one stage the school and college were managed solely by the Brothers who were ex-pupils of the school. A classic example of community empowerment.
As the Brothers move on from St. Joseph’s, our hearts are filled with gratitude to God for providing us with the opportunities to minister and be of service to the people of Bajpe and setting a foundation which will help those who follow to take it forward.
Thank you and God Bless.



Br Placid.
Former Provincial

No comments: